Bev May, will be facilitating a workshop to envision the future of political action and civil liberties in a modern democracy. Now, more than ever we can use design to reimagine the future.
Ask yourself how user-centered, citizen-centric design can have impact and play a role with the following questions:
- What is the future of civic action and activism?
- What does surveillance by governments, private corporations and individuals look like in the future? How might technology corporations, large and small, aid or resist in this?
- How can technology support or hinder surveillance, individual and mass communications and freedom of expression?
- How might drones, IoT, VR, autonomous vehicles and other tech trends play a role in these areas?
- What impact will these trends have on the US and the tech economy?
- How might a shifting political landscape and global relations give rise to new motivations or movements?
- We all have many questions; now is the time to understand possible scenarios and design new strategies for the future. Let's mobilize our community to consider the challenges and opportunities to come.